Monday, July 19, 2010

All I want is night time..

Night Clubbing + DJ's = Music & Fun!!

You know, I've always loved and supported DJ's in Austin since I started clubbing with my friends in 1988-89...all the way through the years, and even now I still love it as I did yesterday!

Today, I feel like there just isn't enough people out there that are supporting the DJ's of Austin. In the Austin club scene DJ's have created their own enterprise, so to speak.

Over the years, DJ's have made a name for themselves and have a strong following of people who are dedicated to coming out to their gigs (not including the new DJ's). I know that there is a committed group of people that do come out and support. Those people have always supported throughout the years, but I just don't notice much of a younger crowd coming into it with all the DJ's that have been around for 20+ years.

And I feel they have been 'under appreciated' for what they've always been doing, especially today. I know that way back when, that was all that we were doing and talking about...getting ready..spending hours with makeup and dressing up and going out to the clubs, to hear our favorite DJ's spin the music we all loved dancing to, it was all the rage and was highly supported! Even the club owners were more into it! Great promoting going on all around and great door staff!


All the cool people who used to work at these clubs no longer do, obviously. And also speaking of door staff...the door staff today looks like they could care less about the nightly gigs that go on in the clubs they work at...really sad..why work there!! And why hire those kind of people?! I cannot stand people who just sit or stand by the door like they were forced to do that job and just have that "I hate my job" look on their faces..it's not like it's so hard to be cool to people walking in..welcome them!

What the hell happened?!



Of course I will continue to support..after all, I am engaged to The Greatest DJ of Austin! Roger Wilson!


Well that's all I wanted to express..and it may not be complete or in the best way that I was thinking..edited a lot from what I had originally said here..there is so much..I am just so jacked up on caffeine that I cannot express anymore in the simplest direct way...I think you may get what I'm saying...so I'll end this entry now.....


~HARMONY SLEDGE

No comments:

Post a Comment

So Into You - DJ Jes Deep Love Remix

NEW NEON Remix City   So Into You   đź‘„