Friday, June 29, 2018

DJ Freakq is a Legend!

*copied from DJ Freakq*

My DJ Story
I started mixing just a couple of years out of the 70s. My music passion started with 70s disco/funk & new wave & exploded into the 80s. I was a party dj early in the early 80s & started spinning in Austin nightclubs by 1985. I have held multiple club residencies in Austin & played for over 1 million people in the years since. I became Austin's only dedicated full time dance music buyer at the historic 
Sound Exchange Records 
in the late 80s on the U.T. drag. I was spinning and supplying music to djs through the insane rave/club/house/industrial blow up of the 90s & eventually becoming a partner in a vinyl dance music record store (Innermind Records) in the late 90s. My reach & popularity expanded through the 2000s being voted best dj in the respected Austin Chronicle Readers poll twice during those years (2000-2001 & 2001-2002). I kept spinning at clubs through the 2010s eventually landing featured gigs, residencies & monthly spots in Manhattan & Brooklyn NYC in 2013 & 2014. Now I spin mainly in Austin & the future is Freakqy.


- Harmony 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So Into You - DJ Jes Deep Love Remix

NEW NEON Remix City   So Into You   đź‘„